Certified Information Privacy Professional/United States (CIPP/US)
JOIN THOUSANDS OF PRIVACY PROFESSIONALS WORLDWIDE WHO HOLD THE FIRST CERTIFICATION EVER DEVELOPED BY THE IAPP – THE CERTIFIED INFORMATION PRIVACY PROFESSIONAL/U.S. CREDENTIAL.
Developed in collaboration with the law firms, Bird and Bird, Field Fisher, Wilson/Sonsini and Covington and Burling, the CIPP/E encompasses pan-European and national data protection laws, key privacy terminology and practical concepts concerning the protection of personal data and trans-border data flows.
With the power of ANSI/ISO accreditation behind it, a CIPP/E credential elevates your professional profile by deepening your knowledge and improving your job effectiveness. The certification exams, textbooks and training are constantly updated to reflect the latest advances in privacy. The CIPP/E includes critical topics like Schrems II and the GDPR.
The GDPR includes among its mandates the requirement to appoint knowledgeable data protection officers (DPOs) tasked with monitoring compliance, managing internal data protection activities, training data processing staff, conducting internal audits and more. There’s a lot to know, there’s a lot at stake and there’s a lot of opportunity for privacy professionals with the right training and education.
Achieving a CIPP/E credential shows you have the comprehensive GDPR knowledge, perspective and understanding to ensure compliance and data protection success in Europe—and to take advantage of the career opportunity this sweeping legislation represents.
Add a CIPM credential to the CIPP/E and you’ll be uniquely equipped to fulfill the DPO requirements of the GDPR. The CIPP/E relates to the knowledge a DPO must have concerning the European legal framework of the legislation, and the CIPM the theoretical aspects necessary to lead an organization’s data protection efforts.
Certified Information Privacy Professional/United States
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- Introduction to the U.S. Privacy Environment
- Limits on Private-sector Collection and Use of Data
- Government and Court Access to Private-sector Information
- Workplace Privacy
- State Privacy Laws
The CIPP/US body of knowledge outlines all the concepts and topics you need to know to become certified. The exam blueprint is also provided that gives the approximate number of questions from each topic area on the exam. These documents, as well as additional certification resources, can be found here.
All potential test takers are strongly encouraged to read the Certification Candidate Handbook before testing.
Get started today! Sign up for CIPP/US training right away and when it’s time, register to take your exam. To help you get ready for the test itself, check out the tips on how to prepare for your exam. These documents, as well as additional certification resources and helpful links, can be found here .
Here are top five reasons why IAPP certification and training are sure to advance your organization.
- The CIPP is the global industry standard for professionals entering and working in the field of privacy.
- Achieving a CIPP/US credential demonstrates understanding of a principles-based framework and knowledge base in information privacy within the U.S. context.
- You’ll be recognized as part of an elite group of knowledgeable, capable and dedicated privacy and data protection practitioners.
- Holding a CIPP/US designation elevates your leadership profile among your colleagues.
- The CIPP/US is a key benchmark among top employers for hiring and promoting privacy professionals.